Wednesday, November 1, 2006

The Origin

I. the name: -=roiji-eikon=-
    nope, this isn't a pair of lovers... how i wish it was. Eikon is a feminine noun though.

roiji-luigi

    back in the Dorms of Asia Pacific College, I got a Korean friend named Jini. She was there for her English tutorial class, ESL. She asks for my help in pronouncing word in english. My name is Luigi, and we all know how Koreans and Japanese pronounce our L's -- R's. She pronounces my name as ruweejie... I was looking for a codename for me to use over the Internet. I though of countless japanes, latin, tagalog, names/codenames. I was repeatedly enunciating her pronounciation of name. I thought of roiji, it sounded japanese and it's unique enough to be blognames, usernames, forum names, and more.

eikon-image

    i was searching for a japanese word for image i just found some hiragana character and couldn't figure out how they pronounce it. at the same time, i looked for the same word in latin and found "imago". i wanted to use imago but it's a name for a pop band here in the Philippines, and a good one too... suddenly my eyes stumbled upon the word greek and thought, why not search for greek. keying it up in foreignword.com i found eikon in one of their greek dictionary.

according to bible.crosswalks.com Eikon means:
1. an image, figure, likeness
    a. an image of the things (the heavenly things)
        1. used of the moral likeness of renewed men to God
        2. the image of the Son of God, into which true Christians are transformed, is likeness not only to the heavenly body, but also to the most holy and blessed state of mind, which Christ possesses
    b. the image of one
        1. one in whom the likeness of any one is seen
        2. applied to man on account of his power of command
        3. to Christ on account of his divine nature and absolute moral excellence

perfect!

II. the purpose: photoblog.
    i've always wanted to put up a site where i could share the world my picture taken with my K800i. I thought of coding my own and uploading it to tripod or something but that would be too much hassle, my friend introduced my to blogger. before i used blogdrive but i didn't like their layout. Blogger's layout are more simple and clean and is connected with google. I am a google fan anyway.

III. the expectation: tons of pictures.
    vacation pictures, class pictures, miscelleanious pictures, nature, buildings, structures, out of no where, trigger happy. my pics.

with that set, let's start blogging.

LET's GET iT On!!

No comments: