Sunday, November 12, 2006

The First Encounter


It was the 12th day of November, year 2006, when I first stumbled upon this stall in Robinson's Galleria. The Sony Ericson Showroom. It's newly opened. Me and my mom always look at these cellphones. Upon entering we were greeted by these two lovely ladies. We did not mind them... hehe' We were walking around and I saw the k800i on display. My mom asked me what its features were, so I said them. The sales lady, who was maning that station, also added to my statements. As we were conversing, I learn something at the very least, that the BestPic™ when taking its 9 pictures captures it at FULL 3Mpx. At first I thought it was just at VGA resolution. So ok, I didn't know that, now I do. Back then the price was high, totalling Php 26,000 (including the credit card charges) and I think at Php 24,000 or Php 21,000 on cash basis. My mom got impressed and wanted to buy me that but its so expensive... So, she made a deal... Half would be paid by her and the other half would be paid by my tita. And I will pay any accessory that goes with it, Memory Stick Micro M2 for at least Php 1,000 only since I have the discount coupon... Sneaky eh.. They even demonstrated to us the real thing... My mom liked it also...

     We were not accompanied by my tita, we went to look for her in the groceries since she said she would be there. My mom talked to her for a while and she said no.. :(

     That evening my mom talked to me and asked if i really liked that and obviously I said yes. She talked once again to my tita. And finally she agreed! My mom informed about their decision. That that would be there Christmas gift to me.. So i said ok...! The following day, after school, they when I got home, they informed that they we would go to that stall. I was so happy inside that I wanted to shout and smile so big. On they way there, I was still in my school dress code. Long sleeved polo with necktie for Mondays and Tuesdays. Short polo with or without necktie for Wednesdays and Thursdays. And casual during Fridays. Well, I took of my necktie and my ID, I could be mistaken for a salesman with that outfit.

     In the stall, we were entertained again at the deal was final. They bought me the phone! I was happy. And that the woman behind us also got curious and wanted to buy the phone too... After that we went to Jack's Loft, just behind the stall, to eat dinner and try out the phone. I took a few shots... Just to try out the camera. And the remarkable xenon flash.

Me and my Mom
That's me & my mom ^.^

     After dinner we went home, and I still took a few shot while waiting for a taxi(cab).

I tried the zoom:
Zooming
     As you can see, it didn't resize the picture like others cellphones models/brands do.

     When we arrived at home, all I did, for the rest of the night, was to install the software & utilize the cable that came with it. And to read the manual, as I usually with all of my gadgets... Never ever forget to read the manual. Well, if you're lazy enough, have others to read it for you and tell you the summary... lolz

Macro Keys

C ya~!

hmm... come to think of it, it wasn't my first encounter with the k800i. I've already seen it on web review sites and in the Sony Ericsson. Well, that could be the time where I first touched the real thing THAT BECAME MINE the following day.

~Click Me~ to see more of my pictures for that day.

No comments: